Friday, September 28, 2012

Ugh

Sorry I haven't posted.  I have been sick since Tuesday about 5 PM. My tummy is very unhappy and that's enough said about that.

Let me tell you about this past weekend.  My sister stayed with me while our mother was in Florida visiting friends. Things went well; we got a lot of stuff done, including rearranging my room.  Lemme tell ya, that was NO picnic.  You see, the kitty pulled down the curtain over the window behind my desk.  BEHIND the desk.  The only way to get to the window was to move the desk.  Did I mention my crafting table was up against my desk?  So, had to move the serger, the sewing machine and the embroidery machine off the table, then all the assorted crap also on the table, not to mention the stuff that was stored beneath the table.  Then had to unload the desk.  So now it looks like a whirlwind has been through.  Twice.   At least.  Ok, we get the desk moved and it's really really wobbly, so I get down in the floor under it and discover that some of the screws to hold it together are missing.  Now to go find a screwdriver and screws.  Found.  Back under the table. Hmmmmmm the electric screwdriver doesn't seem to be screwing the screw in.  Go find a rachet screwdriver. Success!!  Then to get the stepladder behind the desk and get the curtain back up.  YAY.  NOW let's move all this stuff back.  Well, we got the desk moved back and the sewing/crafting table moved back, and got the stuff back in/on the desk (more neatly organized this time, I might add). However, all the machines are still on the other side of the room along with the assorted crap to go on the table.  Fast forward  to Tuesday when we go to the airport to pick up the Mumster and have lunch at Red Robin.  Tuesday evening, said tummy starts acting up. Uh oh.

Now let me tell you about Saturday night.  I go out on the porch to give the kitties their bedtime snack, and they're munching away, and I sat down to watch the baby kittens in their box.  Suddenly I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked and there is a SKUNK coming up on the porch.  I was going OH my God OH my God OH my God!  Who expects a skunk to show up? Especially in such a brazen manner.  You've never seen a fat girl move so fast in your life.  I swear I had spring in my underwear and wings on my feet.  I flew inside.  The skunk meanwhile moseys over to the kitties' bowl and proceed to help himself.  One of the half grown cats takes exception to this and smacks the skunk, who responds by raising his tail and making it really bushy.  He lowered his tail after a few seconds and another cat takes a swipe at him.  POOF, tail up and bushy again.  It was at this point that I just shut the door and went back into my room.

So between skunk fright and tummy troubles, I've done nothing this week.  Sure hope I feel better tomorrow.

I haven't even checked on the orcs and trolls. I bet they're taken over by now.

Til later,
Morado

No comments:

Post a Comment