Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday -itis

I have Thursday-itis.  It's not hump day, so can't be excited that it's Wednesday.  It's not Friday, so can't be excited that the weekend is nearly here.  It's Thursday.  Thursday-itis is just that feeling that's not really blah, not really happy happy, not really anything. You just are.  So what do you do when you have Thursday-itis? Well, I fired up the computer and the Cameo.  Ok, ok, the computer stays fired up most of the time anyway.  You caught me.  But I'm obsessed with these Pop Up Card Boxes.  They are just so stinking cute.  Here's another one I made.


Dontcha love red and pink together?  I do.  Sort of like rubies and pink tourmaline sure go good together.

I don't really have anything exciting to blog about tonight.  Even less exciting then normal.  

Oh!  I do have something to report.  A couple weeks ago, my sister and I stopped by Outback and got takeout for the two of us and our mother.  Get home with it, and with drool sliding down my chin, I opened up my takeout box, where, to my surprise, my rare prime rib was not pink, but was dark brown.  So I gingerly cut into it and took a bite.  Holy smoke!  It was so freaking hot with spice I couldn't eat it.  So I decide to dive into the blooming onion.  Also so hot with spice I couldn't eat it.  I ended up eating the house salad and some mashed potatoes.  But alas, my taste for prime rib was left unsatisfied.  So I sent an email to Outback, explaining to them nicely that I was disappointed in my takeout order.  Can you believe I got a phone call from the manager of the restaurant we had gone to?  I was amazed!  He was very nice and apologetic and tells me they have changed the recipe for the prime rib. Instead of being slow roasted, it's now got a rub on it.  Anyway, after chatting a while, he told me he was going to send me something, and I got it today.  He sent me a gift card.   How nice!  I will definitely go back to Outback, but I also will definitely not get the prime rib!!!!!  But anyway, here's a shoutout to Outback, and the manager of the Danville, VA, restaurant.  Thanks, Jason!

Janie Mae graced me with her presence today.  It's so nice to be in the company of the Queen of the Castle. She did pat me on the butt once but I knew she was behind me so it didn't scare me.  It's nice to get love pats from your pet.

This weekend is a trip to Ollie's and Big Lots.  I love those places.  And lunch at Mayflower, an awesome seafood restaurant. I can hear my pants getting tighter already.  But it's so worth it.  I can almost taste the shrimp already.

I think Janie Mae and I shall go play a game on the tablet before we turn out the light.

Til Later,
Morado




1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great! Keep it up! I know. Easier said than done. =)

    ReplyDelete