Friday, February 21, 2014

Funky Friday

Ok, it's only 'funky' because of the weather. This time last week we had 10 inches of snow and ice and today it's almost 70 degrees and we had a massive thunderstorm.  Been a few days since I posted, so let me fill you in on what's been going on.

Ok, not really a lot has been going on.  BUT.....good news from the kitty kingdom.  Janie Mae, as you know, is Queen of the Castle.  However, she used to share that title with Dolly Sue, aka Chubb B. Butt. Chubb and Janie Mae shared space on my bed and both wanted to be petted at the same time.  Chubb had this cute thing she'd do where, while I was scratching her head, she'd fall over on her side and fling her hind leg out for me to rub her belly.  Well, a few months ago, Chubb went out and didn't come home.  I was so upset. I just knew something had happened to her.  We have this less than nice neighbor who threatened all the cats in the neighborhood and I was afraid he had done something to her.  ANYway, Tuesday morning, who strolls in for breakfast but Chubb B. Butt!!!!!  She ate breakfast and then came in and hopped up on the bed.  Well, of COURSE I had to pet her.  And she fell over on her side and flung her leg out!! I was so tickled.  Doesn't take much to make me happy, eh?  She hasn't spent the night here yet, but she's been home every day since then.  I sure hope it continues :D

In other breaking news.........wait, there is none.  But I have a new passion of the week - making paper flowers.  Now, I'm not talking about the big poofy flowers you used to make from crepe paper (am I giving away my age here??)  but beautiful flowers made from card stock, cut with my Cameo.  It's not complete yet, but I have to show you some I'm working on.

 

Daffodils!!!  I still have to make leaves and put stems on but I just love the way they're turning out.  I cut them out of a bright, happy yellow cardstock and I chalked the cups with orange chalk.  I'm also working on some roses and day lilies.  I got the cut files from TheKraftShak page on Facebook, so if you're into Cameos and flowers, be sure and check it out and tell Christy that Morado sent you :)

Tomorrow is a trip to Walmart.  Woohoo!  No, seriously, I HAVE to go to Walmart.  I need glue!!!!!!  Gotta make more flowers and I need some florists' tape for the stems.  So you see, it is imperative that I make this trip.  Just.  Imperative.

Got a surprise to tell you about, but I think that will keep til tomorrow.

Let me go find Janie Mae and assure her she's still Queen of the Castle.

Til later,
Morado

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I am with you on Wal-mart! I joined Amazon prime so I could cut back on my trips! I love these. I am so hooked on their roses! My sister and mom are driving me crazy wanting new colors. Yours are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by and participating in my giveaway. Following by email.

    ReplyDelete