Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

Yawn.   Oh, sorry.  Do you like football?  I can't say that it's among my favorite things.  It kinda is on the list behind a no-anesthesia colonoscopy or having to spend any amount of time in the company of Justin Bieber.  In fact,  here's my feeling about football:



Now that we have that settled, let's move on :) So yesterday I did grocery shopping.  I live in a small town.  I mean small. Less than 1,000 people.  But we have TWO stoplights!!!!  So normally when you go to the grocery store, you don't have to worry about it being crowded.  You only have to be sure there's a cashier awake to check you out.  I went to Food Lion and there were a ton of people there! I kept looking for the lion, but he must have been giving his two cents' worth to someone else.  I haven't gotten his two cents' worth a single time yet.  So, I had to just make my own way through the store, ferreting out sales and good prices on my own.  I had to pat myself on the back and feel self righteous that I passed by the Buy-One-Get-One-Free Turkey Hill ice cream.  I had no idea I had such self-restraint.  I also passed by the shrimp that was BOGO, since the price of a single bag had been jacked to twice what it normally is.  Can't get a thing by me, you silly lion!!  Your two cents' worth is apparently now inflated to about $1.98's worth.

This morning I made bacon and eggs in the NuWave Oven.  Fast, easy, and really yummy.  Again, I had to pat myself on the back for letting all that yummy grease from the bacon fall to the bottom of the NuWave, thereby saving myself, what, about 11,000 calories?  Damn, I should have gotten that Turkey Hill.  Sigh.

Since I had expended so much energy cracking eggs and opening the package of bacon and laying it out on the rack to cook, a nap seemed in order.  I told myself I was just going to lie down to rest and read a magazine.  I didn't even get the magazine open.  When I woke up, it was laying exactly where it was when I laid down.  But now I'll have something to read when I can't sleep tonight because I took a nap today.  See, these things always work out.  Divine intervention or something.

Janie Mae is a traitor.  She has not come into my bedroom for 2 days now.  No evil eye. No butt-patting.  I've obviously been cast aside.  And it hurts.  What's a girl to do when her cat disses her?  If I had gotten the Turkey Hill, I could drown my sorrow in ice cream, but nooooooo.....I had to show self restraint.   So remember, kids, follow your instincts and buy ice cream when it's on sale.

I guess I'll go eat an apple.

Til later,
Morado

No comments:

Post a Comment