Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is it Monday already?

The weekend does zoom on by, doesn't it?  But if we didn't have 'weeks', we wouldn't enjoy the weekend so much.

So today was Dialysis Day, or we refer to it, D Day, or the even more inappropriate Funtown!!!  Had a good treatment today.  And Carol was back from vacation, so it was nice to chat with her.  Carol is one of the nurses at Funtown.  She's not only my nurse, she's my friend.  We have fun discussing crafting and cooking.  One of the male patients calls our chats Home Ec time  LOL  He gets in on the cooking discussions sometimes, too.

I thought I saw Noah out of the window today.  I mean it was RAINING. Buckets and buckets.  At least it's not snow :)  Always a silver lining :)

I saw wild turkeys today.  They were in a field I pass on the way home from Funtown.  Just a couple weeks ago I saw turkeys there, too, as well as four deer.  I love wildlife.  Well, except for the skunks and possums that come up on the porch and eat the outside kitties' food.  Did you know possums are stubborn?  There was one on the porch one night and I sorta flapped at him to get him to leave and he just kept on eating. One of the cats bopped him on the head and he kept on eating.  I got the flyswatter and flapped at him with that and he kept on eating.  Now really, if you'd been bopped on the head and flapped at, wouldn't you leave?  I'm pretty sure I would.  I mean, it's not like he was pigging out on prime rib or anything. It was dry cat food.    We also have a groundhog that lives in the back yard.  I don't think she realized that Saturday was Groundhog Day, though, as I never saw her make an appearance.  One day last summer, I was sitting on the porch, enjoying our Southern spring, and I looked in the yard and one of the kitties was sitting out there.  Next to the kitty was the groundhog, also sitting.  It looked like they were old friends who had met up and were passing the time of day.  I wish I'd had a camera.  It was so cute.

Janie Mae has graced me with her presence again.  I guess she's forgiven me for whatever slight she felt I had made to her. It's a bad feeling to be snubbed by your cat.

This is Janie Mae. She has freckles on her nose.  She's cute. :)



I think I hear the Sandman coming. I probably should go welcome him.

Til later,
Morado


No comments:

Post a Comment