Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day.  I sure did :)

We went to my aunt and uncle's.  Me, my mother and sister, my aunt and uncle, their children, their children's children and their children's children's children. Confused yet? :) Ok, aunt & uncle, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren :)  Ok, the more I look at the word 'children', the more wrong it looks. Dontcha just hate that?

Back to Thanksgiving.  Turkey, ham, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, copper pennies, pineapple dressing, cornbread stuffing, butterbeans, harvard beets, turnip greens (gag), broccoli casserole, another broccoli dish, sweet potato casserole.  Let us not forget the PINEAPPLE cake (YUM), coconut cake, lemon pie and pecan pie.  It was a feast deluxe.  Then it was time to sit around and talk, telling tales of gatherings of the past, parents telling stories of the funny things we did as kids.  It was a most wonderful day.

Yesterday I had to go to dialysis, but it went well.  I sat next to my favorite other patient there, and we chatted in between naps :)

Today, my mother, my sister and a friend, and I went to Forest, VA, to the Virginia Candle Company outlet store.  OUTLET STORE!!  BARGAINS!  I did keep myself sort of under control, though.  I only got 9 candles (I think) but oh such yummy smells.  I was like a kangaroo on speed bouncing around the store.  Smell this one! No, this one!  OOOohhh, how about THIS one!  Then we went to Bedford, VA, and had lunch in the old train station. I had a wonderful greek steak salad.  Romaine lettuce, red onions, black olives, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper strips, feta cheese and strips of rare steak, in a poppy seed dressing.  It was wonderful.  And dessert - red velvet cheesecake.  It was SO yummy.  Then off to find a little country store we ran across last year just by accident.  They have homemade fried apples pies.  They are to DIE for.  So we loaded up on pies, peach bread, hoop cheese, apples, and scuppernong cider.  It was a great day.

I've really been giving the Cameo a workout.  I've made tons of cards and a couple of boxes and a luminary.  I've also been working out the embroidery machine.  I've made these:

Holiday Tealight Covers

They are SO cute.  Made of felt, they fit over a battery operated tealight.  They are adorable.

So that's pretty much been my week. I won't get into the argument I had with my nephrologist.  Ya gotta be your own advocate for your health.  Thank the good Lord above my dialysis nurses are the wonderful women they are. I just love them. They were up at the top of my 'thankful' list this Thanksgiving.

So keep on keeping on, fight the good fight, craft your butt off, and don't forget to eat dessert first :D

Til later,
Morado

No comments:

Post a Comment