Sunday, November 11, 2012

YAYYYYYYY

My Silhouette Cameo got here Friday night!  I unpacked it to make sure everything was in the box, but being as Friday was a dialysis day,  I didn't set it up.  Bur bright and early yesterday morning (I normally don't do bright and early!) I installed the software and got it set up. I am having SO much fun with it.  Well, I am now.  The mat you put your paper on to feed into the machine is sticky, which makes sense.  Don't want your paper sliding around while the machine's cutting.  But let me tell you, when you first use the mat, it's sticky like you wouldn't believe. I mean the paper STICKS.  Permanently it seems when you're trying to get it off.  But I persevered and now it's jussssssssst right.  So NOW I'm having fun. So far I've made some cards and a little bag.  I used to do all the cutting by hand and my hand would cramp from holding the scissors so long. No more. I actually look like I know what I'm doing now!  Thanks for my early Christmas present, Mama!! Love you lots :)

It's gonna be busy around here for the rest of the month.  Tuesday my sister and I are going to get our hair done, then out to lunch and SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!  Thursday we are taking an elderly friend to the dentist, and having lunch out again.  Of course, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are dialysis days.  Except for the week of Thanksgiving, when I have to go Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.  We are spending Thanksgiving with my aunt and uncle and cousins.  I'm so looking forward to the huge feast I know we'll have and to spending time with family. Saturday after Thanksgiving is a trip to Virginia Candle Company's outlet store.  Woohoo, candles! The next week I have a dreaded dental appointment, which I'm sure will take me weeks to get over.  I so hate dental appointments.  The week after that, it will be December, which means Santa will start packing the sleigh and browbeating the elves.

Let's talk food.  Tonight I'm making a 'made up by me' pork chop dish. I'm going to braise my pork chops, then add a can of Progresso Meal Starters, portabella mushroom flavor and I think I will add a little Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Savory Garlic.  I'll let you know how they turn out!  I'm going to make Pineapple Dressing to take to my aunt's for Thanksgiving. If you like pineapple and haven't tried this side dish, you should!  It's soooooo yummy.  Here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple,
drained
5 slices white bread, cubed
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch baking pan.
2.In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the pineapple and bread cubes.
3.Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Let sit a few minutes to firm up before serving




And there you have it, easy and oh-so-yummy.

I hear the Cameo calling me. I must obey.

Til later,
Morado

No comments:

Post a Comment