Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas time's a-comin'

Ah, December.  Wonderful, hectic, crazy December.  Time for Santas and snowmen, tinsel and lights. I LOVE Christmas lights.  The more, the better.  Can't be too many for me.  I can hardly wait to go looking at Christmas lights the week before Christmas.  I just love all the colors and the festival feeling.  So I'm about done with Christmas presents.  Got a couple more to make, and then I'll be totally done.  Then comes the wrapping part.  I can sit in the same spot and not move and lose the scissors, then the tape, then the name tags.  All the while singing along to Christmas music and sipping a holiday beverage.

Last week was sort of rough.  Kidney disease causes a lot of problems, including bone loss.  In your jaw (as well as other places). So I went to the dentist and they showed me the xrays.  It's a wonder any of my teeth were still in!!  Talk about bone loss!!!  Thanks, kidney (I was born with just one), really appreciate this.  Anyyyyway, the best thing to do was remove them (!!!!!!!!!) and get dentures.  So here I sit with a now sparkling smile.  Actually, I think I'm doing really well.  I can eat pretty well, and I no longer sound like a drunk clown with a speech impediment.  I'm wearing 'healing dentures' and after my gums heal and finish shrinking (wish my belly would do that!!) I will be fitted with permanent ones.  So an even more sparkling smile then!  However, having dentures was not something that was on my bucket list.  I think somebody took my list and changed it!  Thief!  But, as with all things, ya gotta roll with the punches.

Today we took the little kittens to the vet. They all have an upper respiratory infection.  Poor babies had to get shots and we have to give them pills, too.  They were funny, though.  We had all 3 of them in one carrier and when the vet would finish giving each one their shot, they zoomed back into the carrier. Then when we got home, I had to drag Peanut out.  She wanted to stay in it.  But they're all out now and taking naps.   Here's Peanut and Jack playing.


So that's pretty much all that's going on around here.  I'm gonna fire up the embroidery machine in a few minutes and finish up a couple of projects.

I haven't checked on the orcs and trolls in a few days. I better do that.

Til later,
Morado

No comments:

Post a Comment