Thursday, December 13, 2012

Santa's Coming!

Wow.  I'm really behind on posting.  Been busy the last few weeks, working on Christmas presents.  I love this time of year.  Sunday, our Dialysis Support Group had their Christmas party.  Lots of food, then everyone sat around in the lobby and sang Christmas songs.  It was a lot of fun.  Then my mother, sister and I went to the Living Nativity one of the churches had.  It was really great.  They went to great lengths to make it authentic.  They were all dressed in period costumes, and they welcomed you to Bethlehem.  They had markets, carpenters, musicians, and animals.....the live camel made the whole trip worthwhile!  Here's a picture of him.




Sorry it's blurry.  For some reason my camera was acting up.  It's supposed to take care of shakey hands while snapping the picture.  Anyway, he was WAY cool :)


When we went past the Inn, the Innkeepers were outside and I asked if they had a room.  They said no, they were sorry, no rooms. In fact, they'd had to send a young couple to the stable.  And of course, Mary and Joseph were in the stable with the baby Jesus.  There were young girls dressed as angels with these big filmy wings they were slowly waving.  It was the best living nativity I've ever been to.

So I've been doing a lot of embroidery.  I'll post pictures after Christmas since what I'm embroidering are gifts :D  I've also been playing a lot with the Cameo, making Christmas cards and assorted Christmas thingies, like a scrolly tree you put a battery operated tea light under.  It's way cute :)

Let me tell you about Fuzz E. Butt.  She is a 3 month old kitten and she is......fuzzy :)  Her siblings are just regular ole shorthairs, but Fuzz has luxurious long soft fluffy hair.  So the other day, we open a can of tuna in oil, and decide to dribble the oil into the kitties' bowl, over their crunchies.  Just as the oil starts flowing, Fuzz E. runs in and sticks her head under the oil, coating her head and neck.  To add insult to the injury of being doused in tuna oil, the other kitties decide she smells SO enticing and start licking her.  She tried to get away but they kept following her.  Poor Fuzz!  So I'm thinking, oh great, I have to bathe a CAT.  But miraculously, she was really good.  She didn't squirm or try to get away or scratch me or anything, so we got her all cleaned up and she's mostly back to normal.  I don't think she'll get over the nearly cannibalistic actions of her fellow cats.

So that's basically what's been going on with me.  I haven't even had time to check on the orcs and trolls!  They've probably taken total control by now!

Til later,
Morado
 

No comments:

Post a Comment